We’re excited to offer a new training in embedded professional development, part of the Educare Best Practices Training each month. This approach to professional development gives teams of leaders and staff in early childhood programs the opportunity to learn and collaborate in their day-to-day work. We’ve seen the benefits of this type of learning, and we want to share what’s worked in our programs.
Our facilitators will share the latest research in job-embedded models of professional development. Our training supports early learning programs in meeting rigorous standards for quality.
What is the purpose of the training?
The training will help teams of leaders and staff learn about opportunities for collaboration in day-to-day work and strategies for implementing these opportunities into their programs. This training will help participants identify and analyze areas for improvement, set goals, and implement routines and systems that support continuous program improvement.
What will early childhood professionals learn?
Participants will learn:
- The difference between traditional professional development and embedded professional development
- What embedded professional development encompasses, including team lesson planning, reflective supervision, coaching, data dialogues and peer learning communities
- Techniques for ongoing collaboration and hands-on practices to apply in programs
What are the benefits for staff?
- Apply the latest research in professional development to provide high-quality services for children and families
- Learn how to meet national requirements and standards for program quality in the early childhood field
- Meet guidelines for professional development
What are the benefits for program leaders?
- Learn strategies to improve program culture and boost staff retention
- Learn how to make the most of your program’s professional development dollars
Who should attend?
- Program leaders, such as directors and coaches
- Staff teams, such as teaching teams and curriculum staff
- Head Start staff, child care providers and teachers
Why is Educare offering this training?
We share the early childhood education community’s commitment to ensure that more young children can attend high-quality learning programs. Through our national network of effective early learning schools, professional development initiatives and federal and state advocacy efforts, Educare strives to increase access to quality early childhood education for children across the country.
In the spring, this course will be offered on a monthly basis. Please complete the form below to register for one session.
Completed the course? Let us know what you think!
If you have completed the Why of Job-Embedded Professional Development course offered through the Georgia Training Institute, we would love to hear your feedback and evaluation! Please click the link below to complete the survey/evaluation.