Saturday, October 20, 2018
Porsche Experience Center
The Celebration Dinner is Sheltering Arms’ annual gala that brings Atlanta’s corporate, civic and community leaders and organizations together to celebrate the power and promise of quality early childhood education. This affair is the largest annual Sheltering Arms event and features entertainment, experiences, open bar, gourmet dining and silent and live auctions.
Proceeds from the Celebration Dinner go to provide needs-based tuition assistance and literacy materials for some of our community’s most vulnerable children, along with teacher training. Last year, more than $270,000 was raised.
To learn more about the 2018 Celebration Dinner, click here.
Click here to view the 2017 Photo Gallery!
Cocktails & Conversation
Spring & Fall
Cocktails & Conversation is Sheltering Arms’ bi-annual thought leadership forum where community leaders and professionals network and join in discussion about early childhood education and industry trends that could impact service to the children and families we serve. Networking typically begins at 6:00 pm, followed by a moderated panel discussion. Heavy hors d’oeuvres and cocktails are served and complimentary parking is available.
- • “Innovation in Early Childhood Education”
- • “Two-Generation Strategies: The Research, The Programs, The Impact”
- • “The Politics of Early Learning: The Future of Funding and Legislative Support”
- • “Language-Nutrition and Other Innovative Trends in Early Childhood Education”
- • Cori V. Cain, Director of Strategic Partnerships, Rollins Center for Language & Learning
- • Ellyn Cochran, Senior Director, Early Learning & Development, United Way of Greater Atlanta
- • Rohit Malhotra, Founder & Executive Director, Center for Civic Innovation
- • Jason Martin, Founder & Executive Director, Community Guilds
- • Blythe Keeler Robinson, President & CEO, Sheltering Arms
- • Che Watkins, President & CEO, Center for Working Families, Inc.
Click here to view the latest photo gallery!
All Sheltering Arms Centers
Operation Storybook is a week-long volunteer event, where all 16 centers celebrate literacy through a week of fun, creativity and community engagement. Each day, the centers focus on a different theme with corresponding activities. We encourage parents, civic leaders, community partners and volunteers to join us during this fun-filled week to help inspire a love for reading!
To find which center is closest to you or to call for more information, view our Center Locations Map.
Click here to view highlights from this year’s Operation Storybook events.