101 Budget-Friendly Ways to Help
1. Pay your annual gift in monthly installments. Click here to set up a monthly credit card payment.
2. Invite Sheltering Arms to speak to your civic, religious, or employee group.
3. Make Sheltering Arms a beneficiary of the missions budget at your place of worship.
4. Host a penny drive at your school.
5. Ask your professional association to skip dessert at the next meeting and donate the savings.
6. Nominate Sheltering Arms as the beneficiary of special events, such as golf tournaments.
7. Make sure Sheltering Arms is represented in your workplace giving campaign.
8. Donate the "fines" collected on Jeans Day at your office.
9. At your next party, ask guests to make a monetary or inkind donation to Sheltering Arms in lieu of gifts.
10. Plan volunteer service at Sheltering Arms into your next team building day at work.
11. Introduce Sheltering Arms to the people you work with who are in charge of sponsorships, employee volunteerism, and charitable giving.
12. Check to see if your workplace offers a match for your charitable donations to Sheltering Arms.
13. Donate items or probono services from the Sheltering Arms Wish List.
14. Host a real or virtual book fair for Sheltering Arms.
15. Find out if your business would be willing to share ad space with Sheltering Arms.
16. Find out if your retail business would be willing to sponsor a "round-up at checkout" campaign for Sheltering Arms.
17. Issues a challenge gift that will encourage others to match your generosity.
18. Follow Sheltering Arms on Facebook or Twitter, and invite your friends to join you.
19. Make a donation to Sheltering Arms in lieu of holiday gifts to customers.
20. Make a donation to Sheltering Arms in honor of birthdays, anniversaries, and other celebrations, or in memory or a loved one.
21. Hosting a baby shower? Ask guests to bring extra items to donate to babies at Sheltering Arms.
22. Donate a portion of proceeds from your next yard sale.
More to come....
To add an idea to our list, or for more information on any of the ideas here, contact Paige at 404-523-2849 or by email.